Knowledge and Insights
Governor Phil Murphy and Lt. Governor Sheila Oliver announced $5 million in funding for Phase 2 of the Small Business Lease Emergency Assistance Grant Program, which provides grants up to $10,000 for small businesses and nonprofits that have been impacted by COVID and are located in the New Jersey Redevelopment Authority’s 66 designated communities.
The application process for these grants opened today, Monday, February 22nd, at 9:00 a.m. and is on a first-come-first served basis.
- Small businesses leasing commercial space in mixed-use buildings
- Small businesses leasing space in commercial buildings
- Small businesses leasing space to operate a storefront business
- Small businesses occupying no more than 5,000 SF of space
- Small businesses in one of NJRA’s 66 legislatively designated municipalities
To view the list of 66 legislatively designated municipalities, click here.
To fill out an application, click here.
DISCLAIMER: This advisory resource is for general information purposes only. It does not constitute business or tax advice, and may not be used and relied upon as a substitute for business or tax advice regarding a specific issue or problem. Advice should be obtained from a qualified accountant, tax practitioner or attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where that advice is sought.