TaxCaddy Resources & FAQs
Mercadien has teamed up with TaxCaddy to provide you with a secure, electronic method to easily gather tax documents and share them with your trusted tax advisor. With TaxCaddy, paper organizers will be a thing of the past, and you’ll make less trips to the office. As always, we are still available to you in person and virtually. Feel free to call, email, or schedule a time to stop by to talk to your tax advisor whenever you have questions.
The benefits to using your TaxCaddy account include:
- Uploading electronic documents
- Taking secure photos of paper documents using the photo-scan feature
- Retrieving 1099s, 1098s, and W-2s automatically
- Organizing and maintaining a list of what documents are needed
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO BELOW FOR HELPFUL TAXCADDY TIPS TO GET YOU STARTED!
GETTING STARTED IS AS EASY AS 1, 2, 3…. START NOW!
1. IF YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED YOUR INTRODUCTORY EMAIL, CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WITH YOUR MERCADIEN TAX ADVISOR.
We’ll send you an email invitation to join TaxCaddy. The email may take several days and will come from NoReply@taxcaddy.com. Click the “Sign Up Free” button provided in the email to create your TaxCaddy account.
2. LOG IN TO YOUR TAXCADDY ACCOUNT AND ACCEPT MERCADIEN’S CONNECTION REQUEST.
Accepting the connection request grants your tax advisor permission to see your tax documents, send letters, and upload your tax return for your review.
3. START USING TAXCADDY AND DOWNLOAD THE MOBILE APP.
In late January, you’ll find important action items uploaded to your account:
- Review the requested items
- Complete the questionnaire
- Upload the appropriate documents to your document request list
Once you’ve completed the above and finished uploading documents, click Done Uploading. This will notify us to begin preparing your return.
Of course, you can always contact your tax advisor with questions at any time.
TAXCADDY FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
TaxCaddy is a safe, secure, and effective method of sharing your tax information with Mercadien without the hassle of mailing or hand-delivering paper items to our office. If you have any questions regarding TaxCaddy, we encourage you to contact our dedicated TaxCaddy team at email@example.com or your tax advisor. In the meantime, we’ve put together some commonly asked questions to help you navigate your TaxCaddy experience.
TaxCaddy works best on Google Chrome, but is also supported on Firefox, Edge, and Safari. TaxCaddy is not supported on Internet Explorer. When using taxcaddy.com on a tablet or mobile device, we recommend flipping the device to landscape orientation for best results.
TAXCADDY USER TIPS
We want to work as a team to get your return prepared as quickly and accurately as possible. Review the suggestions below to make the most out of your TaxCaddy tool.
- If you do not have a scanner or have larger documents with multiple pages, please feel free to either mail those documents to us or drop them off at our office and our staff will scan those documents and return them to you after your tax returns have been completed.
- For shorter documents, use TaxCaddy’s mobile app photo-scan feature to photograph your documents, instead of using your smartphone’s camera application. TaxCaddy converts photos to PDF images that capture high-quality uploads to your account. Keep in mind, it’s best to upload any PDF documents directly, especially brokerage 1099s, by dragging and dropping the PDF into your account.
- You can drag and drop any tax documents you receive electronically directly to your TaxCaddy account. By dragging and dropping the files directly, you won’t need to print anything and the image quality will be higher.
- Upload each document only once. If the same document applies to another requested item, simply mark that item as Already Provided to avoid uploading duplicate copies.
- You can select Reply With Amount for any document requested. This feature is especially helpful for charitable contributions and medical expenses. For your personal records, make sure to keep any written acknowledgment of a contribution of $250 or more from a charity. For the purpose of preparing your tax return, a summary of all contributions is all that’s needed. Each individual acknowledgement letter or receipt is not necessary.
- View tutorials on how to get started.
- View our TaxCaddy Training Video.
- Access the knowledge base for various visual tutorials and how-to articles.
If you need additional help, you can:
- Submit a ticket from TaxCaddy or the Help Center
- Email the Mercadien support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Tax Caddy support: email@example.com
Support hours are from 10 am to 8 pm EST, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Typical turnaround time for support tickets is 24 hours.
Note: TaxCaddy is unable to provide phone support.