Compliance Seminar – What CRA Reform Means to Your Bank
- This event has passed.
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 | 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Venue: Mercadien’s Offices,
3625 Quakerbridge Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619 United States
Description: Please join us for a one-of-a-kind seminar featuring the nation’s leading Community Reinvestment Act expert, Kenneth H. Thomas, Ph.D., author of The CRA Handbook and former finance lecturer at The Wharton School of Business, who will address the current outlook for CRA reform and the impact on your bank and next CRA exam.
The CRA was put in place more than 40 years ago. As consumers, technology and communities have evolved, there is broad agreement that the CRA, last revised in 1995, should be reformed. This seminar will provide key learning takeaways on what bankers, compliance, risk and CRA officers, board members and auditors need to know about the modernization of CRA.
Attendees at this complimentary, group-live, 90-minute seminar will learn to:
- Identify the Top 10 Steps to prepare for CRA exams in the midst of the reform process
- Determine how CRA reform will impact their assessment area
- Analyze low-cost and low-risk CRA investments to help their CRA ratings and communities
- Outline how Opportunity Zones are related to CRA
- Recommend guidelines to answer the CRA Officer Dilemma: “How Much is Enough?”
- Contrast the various federal regulators’ approaches to CRA reform
- Evaluate the possibility of Congressional intervention if the regulators “don’t get it right”
9 – 9:30 a.m. – Breakfast & Networking
9:30 – 11 a.m. – Presentation
1.5 CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge will be offered at this seminar. No advance preparation or prerequisites required.
Please note: Attendance may be limited. For more information or questions about this event and cancellation/complaint policies, please contact us at email@example.com or 609-689-9700.
Refund Policy: Since this program is being presented free of charge, no refunds will be issued.