Knowledge and Insights
The Trenton Housing Authority (THA) is committed to building and maintaining affordable housing for City of Trenton residents. They seek to create safe, energy efficient neighborhoods by partnering with individuals and organizations to provide housing, education and employment opportunities for families of modest means who live in the City of Trenton. Through the public housing and services that they provide, the THA helps citizens to become self-sufficient and improve their quality of life.
Before starting their relationship with Mercadien Technologies four (4) years ago, THA struggled with IT-planning and support. Technology was unreliable and presented varied operational problems on a daily basis…
- In March of 2011, Mercadien Technologies was retained by THA to perform an assessment of their technology and data network.
- THA elected to immediately approve and position one of the critical recommendations resulting from Mercadien Technologies’ assessment involving data-backup / disaster-recovery planning and has been actively enrolled in Mercadien’s BDR program ever since…data is backed up real-time with NO tapes.
- In September of 2012, THA began a discussion with Mercadien Technologies around the development of a Best-Practices Scope-of-Work to address their Data-Room redesign. In October of 2012 THA approved Mercadien Technologies’ upgrade plan to best serve the overall goals of the Authority.
- Mercadien Technologies procured all relevant equipment needed for the Data- Room upgrade as well as managed the deployment of that equipment and all related data cabling.
- After completing the modernization initiative, Mercadien enrolled THA in their MCare Managed-Service program to handle on-going support and administration, providing the Authority necessary coverage and the guarantee of staying current and protected.
“MERCADIEN PROVIDED A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF WHERE THE AUTHORITY NEEDED CHANGE/IMPROVEMENT IN IT; THEIR ASSESSMENT WAS CONCISE AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND. THE TEAM IS PROFESSIONAL, EXECUTING THE UPGRADE ON-TIME AND ON-BUDGET.”
~Jelani B. Garrett, Deputy Executive Director, Trenton Housing Authority
MERCADIEN MCARE™ SOLVED THE CHALLENGES TRENTON HOUSING AUTHORITY FACED
- No strategic technology direction
- Unorganized data room
- No presence in the cloud
- Premised-based tape backup
- No centralized IT-support
- Technology Assessment: detailed blueprint of current network identifying risks and vulnerabilities offering a clear upgrade plan to achieve cost-efficiencies.
- Complete Redesign of Main-Distribution-Frame (MDF): including cabling and structural layout to achieve operational efficiency & safety.
- Positioned Cost-Saving Hosted Exchange: to achieve streamlined mail-management offering real-time continuity for access.
- Installed/Configured BDR (Backup-Disaster-Recovery) Solution: that addresses data-backup, disaster-recovery and business continuity.
- Virtual System Administration (VSA): monitoring of IT-assets and applications, remotely diagnosing problems before they occur.