What started in 1917 in a home on Nottingham Way has evolved through four generations of family ownership into one of the premier insurance agencies in Central NJ and Eastern PA. Nottingham Insurance has been a nationally recognized Best Practices Agency and a proud member of Trusted Choice. Nottingham’s four divisions have the ability to handle the personal insurance needs of individuals & families, the commercial needs for small and middle-market businesses, the employee benefit needs for group health, and the life & annuity needs for estate and retirement planning. With over 30 employees and 20 insurance companies, Nottingham Insurance has the ability and choice to find the right company for each of their clients, and become their partner and advocate in the insurance buying process.
Mercadien Technologies began their relationship with Nottingham Insurance in January 2014; a Technology Assessment was performed to establish network health and future viability. Recommendations included data room consolidation, LAN upgrading to POE switches to enable monitoring, Log Management, WAN upgrades involving Web Filtering, Network Security, Network-Server profiling, Backup/Disaster Recovery Planning as well as completing the Microsoft XP end-of-life workstation replacements. Nottingham’s Agency Management Software was several versions behind, needing immediate attention to upgrade and maximize performance optimization. Mercadien program to the current version to greatly improve their end-user experience.
Nottingham Insurance enrolled in Mercadien Technologies’ MCare Backup/Disaster Recovery (BDR) Solution as well as Mercadien Technologies’ MCare Virtual Systems Administrator (VSA) solution; MCare provides proactive network IT monitoring, management and support allowing Nottingham Insurance the peace-of-mind that all daily, weekly and monthly IT tasks are being managed. Mercadien Technologies’ consistency creates the reliability that Nottingham Insurance can count on. MCare’s advanced IT-support became Nottingham’s competitive advantage.
“MERCADIEN TECHNOLOGIES’ HAS HELPED NOTTINGHAM INSURANCE EVOLVE THEIR TECHNOLOGY WHILE ENSURING THE SUPPORT WE NEED IS CONSISTENTLY DELIVERED.”
~Jack Blair, Partner, Nottingham Insurance
Mercadien Technologies - Moving Nottingham Insurance into “Best Practice” Standards
- No strategic technology direction
- Inadequate IT communications
- Inefficient backup/recovery solutoins
- Dated applied agency mangement “TAM” software
- Technology Assessment: detailed blueprint of current network identifying risks and vulnerabilities offering a clear upgrade plan to achieve cost-efficiencies.
- MCare Virtual System Administration (VSA): MCare Integrated coverage providing monitoring of IT assets and applications, remotely diagnosing problems before they occur combined with automatic ticketing system and onsite support.
- MCare Backup-Disaster Recovery (BDR): automated on-premise and cloud based solution that streamlines BU/DR steps, making them easily executed and above all—protected.
- Upgraded Applied Agency Management software to its most current version of TAM to enhance end-user experience and maximize their productivity.
“MCare has strengthened our network and minimized our down time so we can focus on our client’s needs and advance our insurance business.”
~Greg Blair, Partner, Nottingham Insurance