Since 1915, Borden Perlman has served our communities as a valued and trusted business partner, providing expert advice and exceptional service to those seeking insurance, bonds, and risk management. Since their beginnings in downtown Trenton, NJ when William S. Borden and George Perlman decided to open a Real Estate and Insurance office, the Borden Perlman team has understood how insurance works and how risk is managed. A third generation family-owned firm, Borden Perlman is licensed in 48 continental states and represents over 30 “A” rated insurance companies. Borden Perlman actively contributes to community development and takes leadership roles with various charities, programs, and foundations.
In April 2013, Borden Perlman had concerns regarding their (then) IT-support; they needed help establishing a best-practice approach to managing technology-growth. Borden Perlman tasked Mercadien Technologies to help them develop a plan to modernize IT infrastructure. In addition to stabilizing their own network, Borden Perlman was completing the acquisition of three (3) separate Insurance Agencies with three (3) disparate IT infrastructures…an integration plan was needed.
After a thorough Needs-Analysis was completed (with the IT Director and key personnel), Mercadien Technologies performed a comprehensive Technical Assessment to further understand and establish a baseline for the IT infrastructure. The assessment made it possible for Mercadien Technologies to recommend and implement a technology solution for Borden Perlman, allowing them to realize the productivity gains and ROI from a right-sized network. Results included a Redesigned Data-Room, Wide-Area-Network (WAN) reconfiguration (addressing failover), updated network security policies, consolidated Backup/Recovery Solution and enrollment in Mercadien Technologies’ MCare Virtual Systems Administrator (VSA). Also approved was the implementation of email encryption technologies including Office-365 to ensure a continuance of email access, regardless of external operational disruptions.
In addition to current support services, Mercadien Technologies recently completed a comprehensive-corporate-office-relocation for Borden Perlman that followed a thoughtful plan, minimizing downtime. The Mercadien Team will continue to provide state-of-the-art processes, tools, and methodologies that will allow Borden Perlman’s data network to be an efficient component of their business.
“Mercadien Technologies’ has provided Borden Perlman Insurance with a solid technology plan now and into the future.”
~Doug Borden, Founder/Managing Director, Borden Perlman Insurance
MCare - Borden Perlman – Stable, Predictable Support
- No strategic technology direction
- Inadequate IT communications
- Inefficient backup/recovery solution
- Data room/network consolidation
- Technology Assessment: detailed blueprint of current network identifying risks and vulnerabilities offering a clear upgrade plan to achieve cost-efficiencies.
- MCare Virtual System Administration (VSA): including MCare Integrated coverage providing monitoring of IT assets and applications, remotely diagnosing problems before they occur combined with automatic ticketing system & onsite support.
- MCare Backup-Disaster Recovery (BDR): achieve streamlined on-premise and cloud based solutions into Mercadien’s MCare Backup/Disaster-Recovery solution.
- MCare Design: consolidated three disparate networks along with a redesign of the Data-Room including cabling, server-reconfigurations & domain-migrations… resulting in operational efficiencies and a reduced server-footprint.