Knowledge and Insights
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County. The mission of the VBC is to increase visitation in Bucks County by effectively marketing its heritage and its diverse sites and attractions. Bucks County Visitor Center is located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to the PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.
Buck County Conference & Visitor’s Bureau (BCC&VB) dba Visit Bucks County (VBC) has been a long-time client of Mercadien Technologies; from their early beginnings in a small rural office to their current state-of-the-art facility, VBC has trusted the Mercadien team to manage their IT-services. Through the years, Mercadien has designed and deployed each step & phase of VBC’s technology modernization.
VBC is enrolled in Mercadien’s MCare-Enterprise-IT-Service; all IT-assets are covered under a proactive monitoring service, alerting Mercadien engineers to problems before they have a chance to escalate. VBC is also enrolled in Mercadien’s Backup-Disaster-Recovery (BDR) program which manages data backups offsite as well Mercadien’s Hosted Exchange service which provides a complete messaging platform in the cloud for one, small monthly fee. The relationship with Mercadien has allowed VBC to focus on promoting Buck County and continue being a valuable resource to so many businesses throughout the region.
“MERCADIEN TECHNOLOGIES HAS BEEN A TRUE-PARTNER TO VBC THROUGHOUT THE YEARS. I KNOW I CAN COUNT ON THEIR TECHNICAL TEAM FOR SUPPORT TODAY AS WELL AS PLANNING FOR TOMORROW.”
~Linda Dougherty, Operations Director, Bucks County Conference & Visitor’s Bureau dba Visit Bucks County
MERCADIEN MCARE™ SOLVED THE CHALLENGES TRENTON HOUSING AUTHORITY FACED
- No staff to establish technology direction
- No centralized IT-support
- 3rd party email platform
- Tape-based data backup
- Costly cabling
- Technology Assessment: detailed blueprint of current network identifying risks and vulnerabilities offering a clear upgrade plan to achieve cost-efficiencies.
- MCare Virtual System Administration (VSA): monitoring of mission-critical IT-assets, remotely diagnosing problems before they occur and ensuring immediate response.
- MCare Hosted Exchange: cloud-based email management offering 24/7/365 access to email with real-time backup, virus/spam/malware protection and continued access from any computer at any location.
- MCare Backup-Disaster-Recovery (BDR): tapeless, real-time-offsite data streaming providing backups every 15-minutes along with emergency standby server capability ensuring continuance of operations addresses data-backup.
- Wireless Connectivity: monitoring comprehensive wireless connectivity throughout the center providing staff and visitor’s reliable, fast connections with no cables.
“MCARE ALLOWS VBC TO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT-ISSUE, GIVING OUR STAFF THE TIME TO FOCUS ON WHAT WE DO.”
~Jerry Lepping, Executive Director, Bucks County Conference & Visitor’s Bureau dba Visit Bucks County