Mercadien Technologies – January Private Lunch Workshop
- This event has passed.
Date: Thursday, January 25, 2018 | 11:45 AM - 1:30 PM
Venue: Rat’s Restaurant,
16 Fairgrounds Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619
Description: Mercadien Technologies Invites you to join our FREE Private-Lunch-Workshop… Featuring
NEW YORK ADOPTS “FIRST-IN-THE-NATION” CYBER-SECURITY REGULATION – 23 NYCRR 500 – SOON TO BE NATIONAL – ARE YOU PREPARED?
On March 1, 2017, the New York Department of Financial Services (DFS) issued a regulation (23 NYCRR 500) designed to protect customer information as well as the Information-Technology-Systems of regulated entities.
Regulated entities involve a broad range of businesses, including Credit-Unions, Banks, Credit-Card companies, Insurance companies, Consumer-Finance companies, Stock Brokerages, Investment Funds, Charitable Foundations, State-Regulated corporations and some Government-Sponsored enterprises.
- March 1, 2017 – 23 NYCRR 500 becomes effective.
- February 15, 2018 – Covered Entities are required to submit the first certification on or prior to this date.
- March 1, 2018 – One year transitional period ends. Covered Entities are required to be in compliance with the requirements of sections 500.04(b), 500.05, 500.09, 500.12 and 500.14(b) of 23 NYCRR 500.
- September 3, 2018 – Eighteen month transitional period ends. Covered Entities are required to be in compliance with the requirements of sections 500.06, 500.08, 500.13, 500.14(a) and 500.15 of 23 NYCRR 500.
- March 1, 2019 – Two year transitional period ends. Covered Entities are required to be in compliance with the requirements of 23 NYCRR 500.11.
In this Lunch-Workshop, experts from Mercadien Technologies will discuss…
- Why this is NOT just about New York State
- Specific requirements outlined in the 23 NYCRR 500 regulation
- Critical deadlines that MUST be met and applicable penalties in the event of failure
- Why a Risk Assessment is no longer recommended but required
- Explain what a CISO is and why you will need one to maintain compliance
Enjoy a 4-course gourmet lunch at Rat’s Restaurant within the beautiful Grounds-for-Sculpture (2 garden passes included for each attendee) while better understanding the 23 NYCRR 500 Regulation and how it may affect you.
11:45 AM – Arrival / Registration
Noon – 1:30 PM – Lunch / Workshop
Please note that attendance may be limited. For questions or more information about this event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.