Quality Assurance Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a professional firm that offers flexibility? If so, seize this opportunity! The Mercadien Group continues to grow, creating the need for an Quality Assurance Manager to become part of our dynamic audit team. Assuming this role, you will work closely with firm partners, professional staff, and diverse clients to provide important technical and quality guidance. The manager should be able to perform a broad range of auditing and accounting tasks with experience in a paperless work environment preferred. The Quality Assurance Manager role offers a flexible schedule and great work life balance! This position can be offered on a Full-time or Part-time basis.
- Execution of the Firms quality assurance review program including coordination, review and reporting of results on select engagements to the A&A Practice Leader and firm leadership
- Participates in coordination and support for the firms tri-annual external peer review and PCAOB inspection
- Deployment of new A&A professional standards & guidance (newsletters, best practices, tools) to the firm, and coordination and facilitation of training on these topics as needed
- Develops, implements and evaluates compliance with A&A standards and best practices on specific engagements and firm overall.
- Assists in reviewing/updating the firms quality control document at least annually
- Consults with A&A staff on technical matters as subject matter expert and involves A&A Practice Leader as needed.
- Leads the A&A Committee and responsible for coordination, oversight and execution of A&A Committee tasks.
- Provides updates to A&A templates, reports, letters and industry specific financial reporting sample companies.
- Assists in the design, instruction and evaluation of Firm A&A training
- Evaluates firm subscriptions to A&A research and other tools
- Liaison with firm operations group on A&A CPE requirements
- Liaison with Project Manager to resolve issues involving A&A projects
- Ability to assist A&A teams in emergency situations as needed (i.e. manager level review of files, participating as a subject matter expert, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Must hold a CPA license
- Must have technical experience in A&A
- Prior experience as an audit manager preferred
- Must be able to make independent decisions
- Must possess above average computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel and must have adequate typing abilities.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written format. A strong command of the English language and grammar is necessary.
How to Apply
If you are seeking professional growth and fulfillment with a firm who values and invests in its associates, apply below or submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an opportunity to gain valuable insight and experience with a leader in the accounting profession, dedicated to success and Leading by Example. The Mercadien Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Mercadien Group – A family of companies created to serve the diverse and sophisticated needs of clients in a capacity greater than any single organization can offer. Comprised of several distinct entities, the firm provides accounting, consulting, technology, and wealth management services. A team of trusted advisors working together, The Mercadien Group shares a broad knowledge base and creates seamless solutions that meet clients’ personal and business objectives.
Mercadien is dedicated to its associates and their professional development. We offer programs to help each individual reach their goals, such as educational and certification reimbursement, mentoring programs and an open door policy which affords access to our elite partner group and their knowledge and experiences.
Our salaries and bonus programs are highly competitive, along with benefits that include medical and dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, 401K, cafeteria plan and excellent vacation and holiday paid time off benefits.
For more information, visit our website at www.mercadien.com. The Mercadien Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To all recruitment agencies: The Mercadien Group does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Mercadien employees or any other company location. The Mercadien Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Name: Human Resources Department