Mercadien, P.C., CPAs is a regional public accounting firm located in Hamilton New Jersey. At Mercadien, we believe in the power of teamwork. Currently we are looking for talented professionals to join our “Gold” team which is a client service team that provides risk management services for the banking industry. The Data Analyst will perform a range of quantitative analysis to support our Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) team within the firm.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, mathematics, finance or statistics
- 2-4 years of financial modeling or model validation experience
- Strong analytical, quantitative and communication skills
- Working knowledge of SQL, MATLAB or other statistical software
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and advanced experience with Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment as well as the ability to communicate conclusions and make recommendations based on findings made during the review process
- Banking experience, preferable in risk analysis and/or regulatory compliance, is a plus, but not required
- Understanding and providing the conceptual framework and assumptions of models utilized in BSA testing and compliance
- Analyses of modeling techniques, model assumptions, statistical tests used for evaluating model performance, and compliance with regulatory standards
- Work with leadership and vendors to validate system change periodically and document any impact
- Assess model risks and limitations, and devise protocols to mitigate/adjust for those risks and limitations
- Understand how the models are being used in the business decision making process
- Working collaboratively with model risk in the validation process
- Respond to queries from management, external auditors, and regulators related to the adequacy of the models and their uses.
How to Apply
If you are seeking professional growth and fulfillment with a firm who values and invests in its associates submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This is an opportunity to gain valuable insight and experience with a leader in the accounting profession, dedicated to success and Leading by Example.
Mercadien, P.C., Certified Public Accountants – A member of The Mercadien Group, Mercadien, P.C., CPAs is part of a family of distinct companies created to serve the diverse and sophisticated needs of clients in a capacity far greater than any single organization can offer. The Mercadien Group provides accounting, tax, consulting, technology, asset management, outsourcing and investment banking services to its clients. Mercadien, P.C., CPAs was rated as one of the Top 150 accounting firms in the nation by Inside Public Accounting.
Mercadien is dedicated to its associates and their professional development. To help individuals reach their goals, we offer educational and certification reimbursement, and mentoring programs. We are proud to support an open door policy which affords every associate access to the benefit of the knowledge and experiences of our elite partner group.
Our salaries and bonus programs are highly competitive and can be coupled with benefits that include medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance, 401K opportunities, a cafeteria plan and excellent vacation and holiday paid time off benefits.
The Mercadien Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To all recruitment agencies: The Mercadien Group does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Mercadien employees or any other company location. The Mercadien Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Name: Human Resources Department