Mergers and Acquisitions Consulting
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS CONSULTING SERVICES THAT ESTABLISH AND OPTIMIZE YOUR GOALS
When it comes to mergers, acquisitions or divestiture strategies, we focus on process: the process of finding the best company to acquire that will enhance your current success, or finding the right purchaser for your company that will take your values into consideration. It’s a match that needs synergy, and a big part of knowing how to move forward is pinpointing what questions to ask. Our mergers and acquisitions consulting team can help guide you through this process, get you prepared and identify any hidden landmines along the way.
At Mercadien, we work with a variety of clients – from nonprofit organizations to commercial entities. Each client has their own reason for pursuing a merger or acquisition. Whether it’s time to pass the torch of your business on to someone else, a business divorce is brewing and you need an urgent exit strategy, or your company is growing and you want to acquire another business to expand your offerings, our goal is to identify opportunities to improve your earnings while minimizing any tax liabilities. We do this by taking the time to understand your goals and provide hands-on support. Our clients benefit from regular communication from our partners and senior management, who all take a vested interest in every interaction and engagement.
When you’re involved in a merger, culture matters. We’ve seen many mergers fail because synergy is lacking between the two organizations. It can absolutely make or break the deal. It’s critical to have a cohesive mission, vision and similar organizational cultures to achieve success. There must be a compelling reason both parties are better off tomorrow than they are today. The buyer and the seller both should feel like they received good value and be confident in the future of the business enterprise. Each party needs to start with the end in mind and should identify and know their objectives.
At Mercadien, we can help you whether you’re buying or selling. Our mergers and acquisitions consulting approach is straightforward: start with exploring what you want for the future of your business, refine opportunities and develop a plan of action, identify all the tasks that need to be done to completion, tackle all the housekeeping items, and then finally, move forward with a transaction or an internal succession plan. It’s a lengthy, customized process that can take anywhere from a year to 18 months and we’re with you every step of the way.
OUR MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS CONSULTING SERVICES INCLUDE
- Review of on-and-off balance sheet assets and liabilities
- Tracing and evaluating the processes employed for compliance-related vulnerabilities
- Assisting in developing appropriate accounting and tax structures/strategies
- Transaction advisory services
- Buy-side and sell-side due diligence
- Working capital assistance
- Merger integration planning
- Tax due diligence in the areas of federal, state and local income and sales and use taxes
- Identifying opportunities to improve earnings and/or cash flow
- Evaluation of management’s business plans and forecasts
- Financial and operational due diligence
- Assessment of financial and accounting systems
- Identifying and integrating synergy efficiencies
- Private Companies Business Leaders Council
- Association for Corporate Growth