Mercadien was founded more than 50 years ago with a vision of its professionals
becoming the region’s accounting thought leaders. Successfully achieving
this distinction, the firm’s Government Services Group provides accounting
and compliance services to numerous state and local governmental entities
throughout New Jersey, including agencies, authorities, municipalities,
school districts and colleges.
The team has the expertise and high-quality credentials of Certified Public
Accountants, Registered Municipal Accountants, Public School Accountants
and Certified Government Financial Managers. Our professional, proactive
services are geared toward guaranteeing your success - at managing your
operations and with stakeholders.
Providing audit, attest, compliance oversight, contract review, testing
and consulting services, as well as building and implementing effective
audit, post-audit, documentation and outsourcing strategies and programs,
Mercadien ensures different organizations’ numerous criteria, regulatory
requirements and deadlines are met.
As a client of the firm, you will benefit from engaging with the foremost
thought leaders on the major accounting, compliance and management challenges
and issues facing government and public entities today.
Responsive, forward-thinking and relationship-driven, we know our clients
and cover the gamut of the financial services you require.
- Cost allocation audits
- Yellow Book and single audits
- Financial and performance audits
- Fiscal and programmatic monitoring of federal pass-through and state
- Official statement development assistance
- Consultations with attorneys, underwriters, financial advisors and
credit rating agencies
- Supplemental debt statement preparation
- Refunding bond verification services and consent letters
- Arbitrage rebate calculations
- Compliance reviews
- Forensic investigations
- Municipal advisory services
- Internal control procedures
- Accounting and management assistance
- Agreed-upon procedures and compilation